I’ve redesigned my tumblr over the last few days.
It’s based on the wonderful High Res Theme, which is nice and clean out of the box. However I thought there could be a few additions:
- Videos scale down responsively thanks to the awesome fitvid.js.
- Infinite scrolling has been removed, partially cause I like having a tangible feel of where you are on the site, and partially due to compatibility problems.
- The Disqus comment engine has been removed from the static pages such as about, thanks to this thread.
- I’ve also hidden the blog’s title (that’s available in your browser title bar), date, comments, and almost everything except for tags, according to my principle of “remove as much as doesn’t make it unusable”.
- I added a space below the last item of a bulleted list with a tiny tweak to this snippet.
If you want to know more, check out the source in the web inspector or get in touch
There are still things that annoy me:
- Reblogged images are set to the width that they were originally posted at - rather than full width as all my own published images are.
- Portrait images are quite large, and take up more than a screenful on my 13” Macbook.
Anybody got any suggestions?